Wednesday 7 April 2010

Behind the Times (In both senses)



This song is totally floating my boat at this very moment in time - and, yes, I know that it's probably been out for absolutely yonks but I heard it on Newsnight yesterday and now I love it. And yes I know that when one's music tastes are dictated by a highbrow news show, one's chances of ever gaining any 'street cred' whatsoever are instantly down the train, I don't care. I love Newsnight and I would, quite literally, kill to work there one day (well, perhaps not quite...) I wasn't familiar with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs before yesterday evening (I saw Karen O at Fashion Week once, but that's it!) but I think it's pretty edgy, pretty Alice in Wonderland-y (as in the lyric 'off with your head' etc), pretty fabulous.


On a sort of Newsnight-y note, I am so into this election campaign and would write something terribly deep about it but a) no one cares and b) I am, despite my passion for the topic, fairly ignorant about it, unfortunately so, instead, I'm writing about the wives' outfits because I am that shallow.

Despite my absolute hatred of anything whatsoever to do with David Cameron, I must admit that 'SamCam's' first day of campaigning outfit was far superior to that of Sarah Brown (despite her inclusion of stripes aka my sartorial passion) - stylish, classic and everything a wannabe-first lady should wear. But - please God - she stays just that - a wannabe. Vote Gordy!





Day 2 of the campaign outfits...

Okay, so rather than actually getting any work done (and, therefore jeapordising my chances of getting a degree - oh well), I have decided once again to 'review' the party leader's wives election campaign outfits...




Sarah Brown's look was far better than the previous day... and far better than SamCam's, far more put together although the cardigan is a bit of a dodgy colour...

... But still far superior to SamCam's which, although in my absolute favourite colour palette, is ill fitting and kind of Aladdin like, I think...

... But is still a LOT better than Nick Clegg's wife's sartorial monstrosity which is, quite simply, disastrous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ getting comments! Do leave one, I really appreciate all of them...